5. Select the type of mode you’d like to use in the device ‘pads’
You can choose between different actions like: toggle, momentary
“Set button matrix”, On/Off, Select Track, Solo Button and Clip Trigger
6. Click on the ‘MAP’ button (Toggle & momentary mode)
7. Click onto any parameter in live you’d like to control with Push
8. Set the range of that mapping
Repeat this step-by-step for each of the 32 pads on the device.
Add another Push Hacker if you need to re-assign more of your Push’s
1. ZOOM. resize Push Hacker’s window to fit your screen estate
2. PAD SELECT. Toggles between Pads 1 to 16 and Pads 17 to 32
3. DEVICE ACTIVATION. Activate/deactivates Push Hacker
4. PADS ON/OFF. Toggles Push hacker’s ‘Pads’ On or Off - except the Pad which is assigned to switch switch all other Pads On/Off
5. FOLLOW TRACK. Activates/deactivates the follow track option. Leaves this Off If you want the Push Hacker to remain on no matter what track is selected in live. Activate it if you want the Push Hacker to only be activated when a specific track is selected
6. CONTROLLER SELECTOR Selects the device attached to this instance of the Push Hacker
7. Output RANGE. Set the output range for a specific Pad
8. MAP. Enables user to assign one of Push Hacker’s Pad to any parameter in Live
9. ON/OFF Reverse the behaviour of the control
10. SET COLOUR. Enables user to set the colour of the matrix pad when re-assigned through
11. PAD MODES. Re-assignment Modes (toggle, momentary “Set button matrix”, On/Off, Select Track, Solo Button and “Clip Trigger”)
12.CONTROL SELECT. Open Virtual PUSH mapper
13. PADS. Push Hacker’s Pads
TOGGLE. This mode enables you to re-assign any of your push features
to any parameter in live as a ‘toggle ‘control. A control in ‘toggle’ mode
needs to be pressed twice to activate and pre deactivate the parameter
to which it is assigned. This mode doesn’t work for ‘the solo buttons’, ‘
the clips slot’, the clips’, ‘the track selection’
MOMENTARY. This mode enables you to re-assign any of your push
features to any parameter in live as a ‘momentary ‘or ‘gate’ control. A
control in ‘momentary mode doesn’t need to be pressed twice and
instead, the note off messages are used to deactivate the control it’s
ON/OFF. Set a specific Push controls) to turn Push Hacker On or Off. This will turn your push back to its ‘normal’ behaviour
(apart from that you chose)
In this example the “Shift Button” is assigned to switch the Push Hackers Pads On or Off. The Shift Button is always active,
until you deactivate the whole Device.
SELECT TRACK. This mode enables you to select a specific track (MIDI or Audio) in live. Choose the ‘select track’ mode first, then
click on the desired track in live and finally click on the ‘learn selected track’ button in push hacker’s pad.
1. choose „select Track“
2. Select a Track in Live
2. click „learn selected Track“ to assign a Track
SOLO BUTTON. Enables you to assign one of push controls to a solo button in live. Select the ‘solo button’ mode first, then select the track
you want to control the solo of and finally click on the ‘learn selected track’ button in the push hacker’s pad.
You can then select the ‘toggle’ or ‘momentary’ modes to control that solo button.
TRIGGER CLIP. The Trigger Clip function let’s you select any clip slot or clip within your live set to any of push’s controls
There are two mode the Clips could be triggered:
the Clip can be triggered & gets retriggered, if you hit a Push control.
Hold the Pushcontrol: the Clip Stops
If the Clipslot is empty a clip will be recorded
On the next Push, recording stops an dthe clip is playing
The Stop, play, stop ...etc .
Hold the Push Control: the clip will be deleted.